We firmly believe that making face to face contact is one of the best ways to establish great relationships and succeed in sales… but… social media has emerged as another outlet in which to generate business. If you are not using any social media websites to help grow your business than you need to start doing so…..today.
First the simple question.
What is social media?
It is any website that allows the user to create and share their own content to other users. You most likely know it best as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Chances are you spend time on one or all of these platforms every day. What you most likely are not doing yet is using them to help reach new potential customers. This leads us to our next question…
How can you use social media to generate business?
There are many ways you can do this. First and foremost you need to let people in your social circle know that you have started a new career in merchant services sales. Announce it on every social media page you have. Provide a link to the Beacon Payments website. Explain what you do and how you can help their companies run more efficiently and upgrade their point of sale software and hardware. If you don’t tell anyone what you do then they won’t send you any leads. Better yet – establish your own business page to be used exclusively for your merchant services work. Share the link. You need to let the whole world know that you are here and ready to help them.
After you establish yourself as one of our partners and let people in your circle know what you do take it to the next step and start working on your advertising and promotions. Here are some ideas you can use to get those leads coming in:
- Offer a finder’s fee for anyone who sends business your way. You will be surprised at how many people will send you a lead if you offer them $100 bonus when the lead converts. It takes very little effort. You will make money in the long term and your friend makes a nice little bonus!
- Run a local advertising campaign. For very little money you can advertise directly to a targeted audience. ( Business owners). Target them with your product and services and offer them a reason to talk to you. ie: We can reduce your fees, upgrade your equipment, etc…
- Make videos about your services. Explain to your audience what you do. Post the videos and ask people to share them.
- Post client testimonials. You might even convince some clients to let you take a small video clip that you can then share.
- Run contests. Offer anyone who shares your videos or content the chance to win a $50 restaurant gift card at the end of the month. All they have to do is share your content on their page and you will drop their name in a hat. At the end of the month you’ll draw a winning name.
These are just a few examples of what you can do to grow your business using social media. Get creative. You build your book of clients mainly by meeting them face to face but if you put enough effort in to the online side of the business you will be surprised with how much additional business you can add as well!